July 25, 2010

Bring on the music of the worlds

It's this time of the year again where Dun Laoghaire becomes crowded with all kind of colourful people, who are on a mission to enjoy music and food from all over the world.
Yesterday was a surprisingly hot and sunny day for Ireland. I somehow missed the change to good weather and nearly melted in my black jeans.
The festival seems bigger, brighter and more colourful than ever and yesterday evening finished off with a famous man Khaled - King of Raï. He cheerfully sweated through his pink shirt, smiled and tried his best to animate the crowd. He would have been more successful, if people would have interrupted their phone calls and conversations and did some dancing instead.
I enjoyed it though I have to admit that like most people I did wait for the only song of him that I knew "Aïcha" and "Didi". I think the poor man had much more fun performing his other songs and got slightly amused by the various cries for Aïcha.

1 comment:

Jennifer Petoff (aka Dr. J) | Sidewalk Safari said...

I also enjoyed the Dun Laoghaire Festival of World Cultures and posted some pictures.

http://www.sidewalksafari.com/2010/08/dun-laoghaire-festival-of-world.html

I can't believe how gorgeous the weather turned out after a rainy start on Saturday!